EtreTask for Mac
EtreTask is a small, fast, easy-to-use to-do list manager. It is designed not to get in your way. It will never have as many “features” as its competitors, but we feel that is a good thing.
EtreTask Users’s Guide:
- Give each task a name and maybe a description.
- If you want, associate files and URLs to tasks.
- Check them off!
EtreTask has some fundamental difference with other to-do list managers. These philosophical differences are:
- No “due dates”. This is on purpose. Having “due dates” encourages only working on those tasks that are due today and putting off everything else. EtreTask isn’t going to do that. A future version of EtreTask will have some sort of time management facility, but it is going to be something smarter than a “due date”.
- Columns can't be sorted. Again, this is on purpose. You should arrange tasks in the order that you need to work on them. Sorting just encourages sorting by “due date”, which we’ve already established is a bad idea.
- EtreTask encourages the association of resources with tasks. It is very common to find some useful bit of information for something that you don’t have time to work on. When that happens, run EtreTask, save the resource, and go back to what you were doing. Resources can be virtually anything: URLs, files, directory, e-mail messages, etc.
- EtreTask Web Site
- File size: 629.51 KB
File Name: EtreTask.dmg